COVID-19 Statement from Vireo Chief Medical Officer Stephen Dahmer, M.D.
The global outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is an issue with immense human impact, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected. As a healthcare facility that provides medication, we will remain open in order to serve our patients, while taking all necessary safety precautions to ensure that continuity. The safety and well being of our patients is our #1 priority.
As a physician-founded company, Vireo maintains strict sanitation policies at all our facilities and dispensaries. In response to the growing concerns, we are increasing our efforts to protect the health and safety of our patients and team members by encouraging regular hand washing, instituting additional cleaning and disinfection practices, offering sanitizer products at all our locations, and encouraging anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 to stay home.
Here are some ways you can help protect yourself and other patients:
- For general information on protecting yourself and your community, visit the Center for Disease Control’s COVID-19 site.
- Know the symptoms of COVID-19 and contact your primary care provider if you develop symptoms suggestive of the disease.
- If you are high-risk patient group, please read over the CDC tips on protecting yourself.
- If you have symptoms and work with a registered caregiver without symptoms, please send a caregiver to pick up medications. If you are interested in registering a caregiver and need help, please contact us.
- Strongly consider getting a full 1-month supply of medication to reduce unnecessary travel and decrease exposure risk.
- Remember to order in advance using our eCommerce sites to reduce your wait time. Find your state’s online shop here:
- Familiarize yourself with tips on social distancing and even quarantine in preparation for spread to your community.
Vireo’s medical team is monitoring reports from medical organizations around the globe as well as local updates and are committed to keeping you informed and protected. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (844) 484-7366.
Most of all, please stay safe.
Stephen Dahmer, M.D.
Chief Medical Officer